WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF LEGAL SERVICES OFFERED BY LAW OFFICE OF YULIYA M. FISHER-NAYYER?
Because Attorney Fisher-Nayyer has been trained both as an advocate and as a mediator, she is able to tailor legal assistance to each client's specific needs.
HOW DO I KNOW WHICH TYPE OF A SERVICE IS RIGHT FOR ME?
Litigation - a form of advocacy where you prefer for an attorney to represent you personally, whether through the court litigation proceedings or during out of court negotiations aimed at settling the claim filed or to be filed in court.
Mediation - is the right fit for you if you are seeking a forum for a trained neutral (mediator) to assist you and the other party in reaching an agreement, without taking sides or representing either one of you, specifically. A mediator does not give legal advice to either party, but rather facilitates a conversation between parties, who are both committed to reaching a resolution.
Limited Assistance Representation
Limited Assistance Representation (LAR) - could be the right choice, if you are looking for way to get legal assistance in a family law matter on a limited basis only. This is a cost-effective strategy and is often helpful, where the client is limited financially. LAR is also called "unbundled services". Some helpful examples:
- You would like an attorney to draft a document for you.
- You have a court date and would like an attorney to appear in court with you.
- You are looking for an attorney to consult you regarding a document that has been filed against you in court.
- In a Mediation setting - you are already involved in a divorce mediation process, but would like to consult with an attorney to advice you about your legal rights in a divorce.
- In a Litigation setting - you would like to get some advice about an upcoming court date (best strategy, pointers, etc.).
- In a Mediation setting - you are seeking an attorney to consult you about an agreement already reached during the mediation process (i.e. read through, answer questions, advice on your rights, etc.).